Guest Frank Yuwono

Guest Frank Yuwono

Hi All,

I just moved to Melbourne last year and am now working in the fish room at Coburg Aq.

Just joined to see what's going on...

I used to live in Jakarta, Indonesia and my family had been in the fish business since 1968.

Anyone want to talk about Indonesian fish (wild) or species bred there?

:P

Frank

Hi :P Welcome to the forum.

How are you finding Melbourne? I used to live there a few years ago. Too much traffic for me. LOL

What does your family do in the "fish business"? Do they sell fish for pets or breeding?

What are your favourite fish? Mine are Siamese Fighting Fish. I don't know anything about Indonesian fish, sorry.

hi welcome to AusAqua....Frank

Do you know Micheal? He told me he knows the boss there pretty well xD....

What sort of wild type bettas does Coburg Aq. sell?

Been looking for b. channoides or b.macrostoma ...

Anyway good to have more people who live in melbourne here.. enjoy the forum~

Guest Frank Yuwono

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

BettaGirl: my parents started a business exporting tropical fish from our back yard when I was still in primary school. We pretty much did everything from collecting, breeding, raising etc. We did everything from Bettas to marine fish, aquarium plants and corals. We used to have quite a selection of wild Bettas in the 80s when we didn't know what they really were.

I bred Siamese fighting fish in styrofoam boxes when I was in high school; things were much simpler then!

Lilli, windizz: I've collected fish including wild Bettas myself: Betta picta from Java, some different types from West borneo and even Belitung Island (B. falx and B. pugnax types).

Kitz: I just started at Coburg in July. There must be many customers that I don't know yet. The new owner of Coburg Aq. also owns Upmarket Aq. at Victoria Market.

At the moment we have no wild Bettas but we just got plenty of Crowntails from Thailand.

cheers

Frank

Archived