Have we lost any kind of bettas?

Puggle

-_-

we could move it to Betta Splendens Discussion, if you like!

I think there was concern a few years ago that the non-metallic blues were at risk, as was the traditional non-masked head of the bettas before the metallics turned up. Not sure if that risk eventuated though, as I was slightly preoccupied with metallics at the time (could you tell?).

lol, but you'd still have to get them to spawn,

seriously though, i think you're right. not only about colours but ye olde' vt's are getting spewt under the rug a bit i love my hm's and ct's nd everything but i'm starting up a few vt lines in some more modern colours (working on red dragons atm)

My LFSs have only ever sold solid coloured VTs , I was in there when he recieved his last shipment and was very surprised by the colours available..Im not an expert on colour types but a lot of them did seem to be metallic in the body and a lot of multi colours and pastels. Maybe the VTs are making a bit of a comeback which is good to see.

My hubby almost won't allow me to go to the LFS lol. So I don't know what they get in nowdays.

I do know that back when I was first in the hobby I could get VT, the occasional Plakat, very rarely CT and once every so often a DT. There was Yellow, Red/Blue, Blue (red wash), red and cambodian.

Choices were VERY limited and if you wanted something better then too bad because no one wanted to supply it back then.

So as a result I'm not a huge fan of VT now that I can get some real quality thanks to someone :)

Archived