What about Seachem vitamins for Bettas?

branjie

I asked the guy at a LFS about some aquarium salt to have handy for my Betta. He said what you need is this Seachem solution for Bettas. It has vitamins and all sorts to make the perfect environment for Bettas. It was $18 for maybe 100ml and you needed to add one capfull per litre. With all the water changes you do for an unfiltered tank, it seems a bit pricey. Does anyone know if this stuff is worthwhile?

If you just want some salt to use when they're sick then get plain rock salt (ie no additives) from the supermarket. Costs about $4 for 2 kgs. And you can use it to hatch brineshrimp as well. You want to keep things as simple as possible in your fishroom. As you said, you're going to be doing a lot of water changes.

Non-iodized rock salt. :lol:

Vitamins in the water is an interesting concept. I wonder how many vitamins float around in rice paddies? I could see it being useful if you had sick fish or fish that wouldn't accept a varied diet, but not for everyday use, that seems like overkill.

I'll make sure I use non iodized rock salt. I think vitamins would be nice to give in any case, but atm I'm not prepared to spend that much money on them. Frequent water changes is probably the key thing. Stagnant warm water is an ideal breeding place for germs, so I'm going to try and make sure I keep on top of water changes for my Betta boys.

Yeah I admit it I got sucked into buying the seachem stuff $9.00 for a small bottle and used over half setting up a small tank..Then I sat back and looked at my betta in a community tank with water aged by Vita Pet stuff from Big W and then looked at my betta in seachem stuff and cant see a difference. So now I fill a watering can (plastic) with water the day before and add my cheapo stuff and the jobs done ..

Archived