Need your advice

ephemeral12

Hi fellow Ausaquarians, need your advice/opinion on the following setup.

Aqua One 20L tank cycled.

WC around 2L every 3 days or 4L per week (depending on mood)

Current Inhabitants:

1 betta

2 baby panda corys (just added in today and seem to be getting along well)

Current plants:

2 mid size java fern

a few bunches of java moss on wood and rock

1 amazon sword.

Proposed tanks mates:

4 Harliquin Rasbora

or 4 Emerald blue eye rasbora

or more corys?

What are your opinions on the proposed tanks mates? Will it lead to an overstocked situation? If the rasboras don't get along with the betta will it be safe to add more corys?

Thanks in advance

i would suggest out of all of those options you choose the panda cories, they do better in groups i would get another one or two to go with your current ones, make sure you stay on top of your readings and ensure your bilogical filtration is working properly.

Thanks for your advice Daniel.

In answering your question Callatya, the substrate is 'red gravel'. The filter is an over the top filter that came with the tank. Filter material include floss and lots of noodles. This is my second tank, my first one was only 8l and had only one betta.

With a 20L, do the 10% change every three days, and you'll be right - I've run several 20L's, and only had problems while trying to stall the changes out... agreed with above, go the cory's... you need more anyway, 2 pandas will probably pine and fade away, and four of the others is to small a number to be comfortable anyway, six would be better than four rasboras...

Also, with your plants, they'll all relatively slow growing plants - I'd consider something faster growing, to help soak up nitrogenous wastes as quick as possible... Foxtail/Hornwort is easy to grow in the minimal light from a built in lid lamp, so's Wisteria, and both are soft and easy for your fish...

• 5 weeks later...

i would suggest out of all of those options you choose the panda cories, they do better in groups i would get another one or two to go with your current ones, make sure you stay on top of your readings and ensure your bilogical filtration is working properly.

i second that daniel.... they do way better in groups...

Archived