My 12 Bay Tank

y2jdaze

lol I'm taking individual piccies of them all :( man they like flaring at each other... especially Angle and Catman, they haven't stopped lol, neither have Demon and Pyro :(

um I got the tank for FREE but it cost me $70 to get it fixed :P (considering a brand new one especially made would be around $300 that's a bargain!)

most DON'T share water, there's a couple of leaks, I had them attempt to completely seal it so there's a couple of tiny leaks in maybe 3 or 4 bays.

this is so if one get's sick all of them don't get sick lol... I'll just have to WC a lot :P

ohhh you lucky so and so for getting the tank for free... is that a heater in the back i can see? how do you heat it? are you carding the boys? yeah haha doing a WC in that big mamma would be a killer hey, i got two 3 bays and a 4 bay and their pain enough to clean lol.

very nice Y2daze good set up for winter ~

Is there any filtering in this 12 bay? How do you keep the water warm? I see there is a heater but I don't think the water run through each section or it is total sealed ?

btw you could try get those Aquarium tank backing and cut them in the size of the divider and stick them in each divider to block their vision..^^

yes there is a heater in the back (actually I added another one since that pic was taken so now it has a heater at each end)

No water flow or filtering but there's a section at the back where the filtering system used to be before I had it all sealed up, now I've filled that back section with water and stuck my heaters in there... the heater heats through the glass heating all the compartments pretty well, I just set the heater a couple of degrees higher to combat heat loss from outside and it's fine and stable.

lol I also have 4 lots of 3 bay tanks :( of course they are empty now with the exception of one which holds 3 boys!

I'm not carding them yet but I plan to get some stuff on my next day off - most of my fishies are used to being next to other fish...

I've never had a stress problem...

A couple of fish that used to live next to each other totally ignored each other because they were so used to the other one... (I know one was Rey Rey but I can't remember the other boy lol) when I seperated them for whatever purpose and then put them back together they'd flare madly for an hour and then think "oh it's just you" and go back to ignoring each other :(

yes there is a heater in the back (actually I added another one since that pic was taken so now it has a heater at each end)

No water flow or filtering but there's a section at the back where the filtering system used to be before I had it all sealed up, now I've filled that back section with water and stuck my heaters in there... the heater heats through the glass heating all the compartments pretty well, I just set the heater a couple of degrees higher to combat heat loss from outside and it's fine and stable.

lol I also have 4 lots of 3 bay tanks :D of course they are empty now with the exception of one which holds 3 boys!

I'm not carding them yet but I plan to get some stuff on my next day off - most of my fishies are used to being next to other fish...

I've never had a stress problem...

A couple of fish that used to live next to each other totally ignored each other because they were so used to the other one... (I know one was Rey Rey but I can't remember the other boy lol) when I seperated them for whatever purpose and then put them back together they'd flare madly for an hour and then think "oh it's just you" and go back to ignoring each other :D

ohh I see...

the heaters are where the filters SHOULD be, in a bit behind the compartments there's a bit behind there... I'll take a pic and show you later :) all will be understood.

I'm not using any filtration system, just WCs for this setup.

Archived