My Favorite Fish

Phil

Hey Everyone. Just thought i would shoe a photo of some of my favorite fish. These are some congo tetras i have. The colours are just beautiful and change depending on the light. Unfortunatly i lost most of them and only have 5 left now, but i am going to get 25 new fully grown males soon.

I think everyone should try these in their community tank. They get to around 9cm in lengh and they are quite stunning with the colour and the fin extensions ^_^

100_7036500.jpg

Another tetra i reccomend is the Bleeding Heart Tetra. They are very pricy but well worth it. Some of mine must be at about 4.5cm now and the colour is beautiful. Some have a fluro red dot and i have just noticed a fluro purple line running down where the spine is in the fish.

Anyhow, no pics of the BHT's , just too difficult :)

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil

You know I love your congo tetras! I think they're really best suited to tanks of at least 4' though, cos they're on the big side and they look best in a large school. do you have a shot of them against the black background? They look better against black IMHO. I really like how they look different with direct (horizontal) light than under overhead light, too.

That pic was taken a while ago tho. There is now a black background and the water is all stained by the driftwood in there. And being on the opposite side of the room it gets bright light in the morning so they are super colourful.

Dont forget the BHT's you gotta try them too :unsure:

The bigger ones are Jumbos at about 9cm and the smaller ones are 5cm. The edges of the fins are also white which adds to the effect. All day mine chase eachother around the tank and flare their fins at eachother. Looking forward to getting my next batch of 25 more to make the big school back up :P

There is now a black background and the water is all stained by the driftwood in there. And being on the opposite side of the room it gets bright light in the morning so they are super colourful.

46.gif This is like an excerpt from a beautiful story. Tell me more!!

Archived