Other Uses For Betta Show Tanks

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

I have been looking enviously to many planted tanks I've been seeing in books, magazines and at friends places. I also got some issues of Amano Aqua Journals and as a result one of my 2 litre betta show tanks end up looking like this :applaud:

Posted Image

Hopefully the stem plants will grow the way I hope, otherwise need to re-aquascape!

Thank you all! The pic was taken ~12 hours after set-up. I am using standard 2 foot aquarium light fitting :applaud: It actually covers this tank plus two others on either side. The fitting is sitting on the tank so it is just a few cms off the water surface. I bought a new 18W fluoro for it after I set this tank up since I couldn't remember how old the previous fluoro has been in use. It is Osram Plant light from hardware store; never seen it before, don't know if it is any good. I tried to go for Amano style ratio of 1:1.618 (or something) but as I was planting, it moved a little bit more than I intended. The drift wood is set from left front corner towards back right corner and it has been a pain to keep it upright. I did not want it to rest on the glass on any sides. That piece of driftwood is from a larger piece i had in another tank. Original piece does not look like anything to write home about but I was quite please the way I managed to break this piece off it. It would have been tons better if the tank was 15cm cube instead of being 15x15x12cm. I also need to use finer substrate in my next attempt!

Archived