Stocking A 3' Tank

TraceBruno

Hi everyone! Thought I'd get a head start on what I can put in our 3' tank when we move into our new place. It's empty and sitting in my garage at the moment so it's open to many many ideas! We're hoping to put it in the living/dining/lounge room (yes, it's all one room :applaud: ) We're thinking tropical, with some guppies and mollies? Was also thinking about some wild bettas - any ideas on which species would be the most appropriate? And I've always wanted bumblebee gobies!! Will they work in this environment? Besides bettas, I'm quite ignorant on what other sorts of fish are out there and their requirements so all your advise and expertise would be greatly welcomed :thumbs: Thanks!!

Wild type bettas and guppies work with a few caviets! The larger mouthbrooding bettas (pugnax, enisae etc.) might/will eat some of the more slender guppies if not all. With smaller species of bettas I find the guppies are very healthy feeders and not let too much food get to the bettas. I got 3 tanks where I have B.channoides and guppies and the only thing I need to watch for is to make sure channoides are feeding. Bettas never touch the guppies tails etc. I would imagine gobies will have a similar issue in feeding. But if you are carefull feeding time, everybody gets their share.

I just bought some bumblebees for my wild betta tank, but they just aren't handling the FW so I've had to change plans. If you go with bigger mouthbrooders, avoid the guppies :thumbs: I've lost 11 zebra danios and 7 lambchop rasboras to mine :D Its not like I don't feed them, I think they just like the challenge! For wilds, i'd go with Falx or Simplex, very nice behaviour, good colour, and nice and compatible with most fishies :applaud:

Archived