Hand Feeding? Success!

Mango4Jade

It was a warm day today and my water reached 15*C. After a top up of about 300L in the pond, I was taking videos of my fish. I dropped in some brown bread and they went crazy! :lol: So I started to try to hand feed. First attempt, koi are abit shy but after 20 seconds, the largest koi (gin sanke) started to feed from my fingers. Then my soragoi and tancho sanke joined in. SUCCESS!! After my first video i took another small piece of brown bread and tried again. This time they call came rushing to my fingers! Ever more Success!! All are feeding from my hands. The Asagi still a little shy, it does come 10cm between my fingers but swims away. But I was overall happy with the results. Seems like they are not scared of me, but love me :lol: I have taken some videos, just click to download them.

Posted Image

First Video - Teasing Koi

Second Video - Hand Feeding 1

Third Video - Hand Feeding 2

Mango

Guest Lady_Snake

I haven't kept koi but i have been to gardening shows where the koi guys showed how easy it was to hand feed them. Felt kinda strange having them suck pellets out of our hand.

Just thinking about koi and hand feeding, there use to be a big aquarium nearby that had koi of many sizes and you could buy bags of food and hand feed them. Sadly the aquarium has now closed down :D

Archived