Who Is "google.com" ?

I keep seeing this user listed in the online users list, and this user is still listed when I click "show registered only." So I don't think they are a guest. I've been meaning to ask who they were for quite a while now. Just now I saw them "using personal messenger" and I thought... what the!? Cheers guys :)

Nobody is going through anybody's mail. It is called "private" messaging for a reason. Perhaps the bots were attempting to access that part of the forum. Check the user list - I am certainly not aware that there is a user called google.com.

It's a bot. It has probably tried to access the pm page. Non members cannot access the pm page, have you ever tried to check PM's when not logged in?. Nothing to worry about.

the error pages you get when you try to access a feature thats unavailable to you are still linked somewhat to the forum or feature that you were trying to access and so it shows up in the list that you are there even though you are actually staring at an error message saying that if you don't know why you got that page please contact admin or somthing to that effect. Google bots and other search engine bots (there are a few that visit the board on occasion) are nothing to worry about - actually they are a good thing as it means we can be found by people doing searches on the net :blink:

So- the goggle bot likes us- we want to lure it back :blink: Can we leave tempting 'bot' food around the pages? Give it a 'loop' to play in? If it likes us enough it'll list the site in any web search done! Eventually people will be trying to search the web and get a message from Goggle 'Sorry- to busy having much fun at Ausaqua- find it yourself :D" We will be the bot hijackers ;) Cheers Deb

Archived