My New Bettas

Bekkaz

heh, thanks guys. The second one I think is a female (please let me know how I can tell), so I don't know if Spike would fit.

I still have to name the blue broken fish too, I'm not game to until I see if he's going to survive or not.

I took them outside for the photos, though the second and third are indoors pics (hence the weird colour). I got a gorgeous close up of the first one's face that I'll upload later. I can't get my first fish to let me get one of him so it was nice to be able to.

Yeah the second one looks alot like a female. VT by the looks of it, and a darn nice one at that, she's got none of those CT characteristics like the VT females I've seen. It's about time someone found some nice VT, I haven't seen a really nice one for a while now.

I don't think that seocnd one is a female, the ventrals are a bit long, but it's  either a VERY nice spade tail male :lol: or I'm just totally wrong :devil::lol: don't often find spade tails around (I've NEVER seen one in real life b4)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(s)he seems to have the white bump behind those front fins (sorry I'm still learning). You can kind of see it in the second pic of her/him. (s)he was also pretty aggro in the store with the other females in the next partition of her/his tank, but since I've gotten her/him home (s)he barely flares up, even when I let her/him see the rest of the boys. I think I'm also seeing some horizontal stripes sometimes though I'm not sure, they definitely aren't as distinct as the blue one that was in the store at the time (went from having a black head/body to brown with stripes). I really don't know anything so it certainly could be a male, I wasn't 100% sure at the time, but me with all of my one month's knowledge of bettas thinks it's a she :lol:

Thanks again for the compliments guys :lol: I'm really happy with them. The purple boy loves showing off when he sees the other fish and I think he's absolutely gorgeous.

I'm almost dreading going into work on the weekend for fear that I'll wander back in there and buy more. I'm even considering asking my lab supervisor if we're allowed to keep a fish in the lab (not sure as it's physical containment level 2). If it went in there it wouldn't ever be allowed out other than through the cytotoxic waste bin.

Archived