Pretty Gravel At 3.50 For 2kgs

quokka

Was doing secret mans business in bunnings recenlty when I wandered through the plants section and lo and behold they have a fabulous selection of the prettiest coloured gravels for about 3.50 for 2 kgs...now thats heaps cheaper than I ever saw it before...I got turquoise...its beautiful! :cloud9: also "Gone Bazar" has a massive range of pretty silk fish-tank plants from 1.50-4.00 for the bigger ones...really good value as well...

There are lots of bargins at Bunnings - i love the place - even if it is the competition nursery! I get a majority of my fish stuff there, when i was building the barracks, i think everything came from bunninges, even the water conditioner! :cloud9:

BigW has some cheap stuff too, like LCD thermometers, airline hose/regulator/airstone kits and small aquariums, as well as gravel, ornaments, food and chemicals. I saw one small 15 to 20L hexagonal tank (inc light and filter) for $30 bucks, and at the LFS it was $110! and even _that_ was a discount from $160!!! My little sister wants a palace for her blue crowntail Lollipop :cloud9:

while all the accessory stuff is great - I'd give the cheap food (kmart, bunnings etc) a wide berth. This is one item where you really do get what you pay for. If you want to feed your fish coloured cardboard, go cheap! Otherwise, shell out for some decent stuff. It's the only nutrition your fish gets - so don't be stingy! : P

Hey quokka, is that the Tuscan Path gravel? If so, I LOVE IT! their black does tint the water slightly, but until you put it in a white bucket, you wouldn't know it :) Its great stuff, and I adore the colour range :) much icer than standard aquarium shop colours IMO :D

I used the black Tuscan Path medium sized riverstones as substrate for my 4ft tank in its last incarnation. It looked awesome. I used it for around 18 months & I never had a problems with the water tinting. I only took it out because I thought white river sand would look better with my O :)

Yep...thats the one...good gravel and I soaked it in really mucky old water for a few days, then rinsed in aged water before putting it in the barracks... amazing vibrant colours and I checked to make sure it was non-toxic before I bought it.! its a nicer shape than those roundish pebbles too...more appealing I think...

Archived