Hello :D

Trilobite

Hi everyone,

I bred pk and hmpk in NZ but now I'm about to move to Australia in just over a week and cant wait to get my hands on some bettas again! Wouldnt mind getting into wild bettas as well, we arent allowed them in NZ for some reason...

What are the best places around Brisbane to get good bettas?

Cheers

Lol just noticed the little betta stickers! I love them!

:HMplakat::dumbo::plakat:

• Like 1

Welcome - from NZ to QLD - that will take some getting used to - but enjoying Betta will help - Betta Australis will be over the moon to accept you into their ranks, and they have some great people to help you in to wilds, plakats and long fin - and if you're anywhere near FishChicks - you'll be in heaven :)

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Oooh I've seen Fish Chicks videos on youtube and I fall in love every time, Im definitely going to get a lot of fish from her in the future!

The betta scene in nz is quite small but its slowly growing. The main problem is that we cant import what we want, so its just down to luck what the importers get in...which is usually vt and other countries culls. We dont have any shows down here but theres a small, but growing group of us now who are trying to breed towards show standards. So hopefully, one day nz will finally have betta shows.

• Like 1

plenty of keepers in aus and slowly growing. Brisbane and Vic both have IBC shows which are huge so head out the local one next time if you can :)

for wild bettas theres a few keen keepers. some of tehm are on https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildbettasaustralia/?ref=ts&fref=ts or here so youll get used to some of us :)

• 4 weeks later...