Baby Axolotl

Figure_8

The quality of the pic is pretty poor because my camera didn't want to play the focus game for some reason, but this is my new little baby (adopted from Halszka).. isn't he/she sweet??

Posted Image

bubs is currently have a summer vacation in the fridge since the water temperatures here started to soar into the low 30's today & I was afraid I would end up with boiled axie. Its very strange to open up the fridge though and see my little axie looking back at me :D

they are great photos.. Thanks Halszka! The little one is settling in & has been eating really well (although I tend to jump when he snaps at the food :dance: ) He's been a big hit with the kids too & my 2yr old is now proudly telling anyone who will listen that he has an Akkie :sad:

Oh how cute. *lol* I have to admit that I know nothing of Axolotls, so I have to say I was a bit taken back when I read that you are keeping him in the fridge atm. *lol* I don't think I should get too attached as it would be almost impossible to keep them here in central QLD. :yes: Najina

I reckon baby must be a female with that lovely pink frill.  Young girls ALWAYS love to dress up in pink.  Will she gain any more colour as she matures?

Sue

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My kids have decided the same thing with the pink and have taken to calling it a her :yes: She's an albino so I wouldn't think that she would gain too much in the way of colouration. Possibly some darker toes/feet with age from what I have been reading.

Oh how cute. :)  I have to admit that I know nothing of Axolotls, so I have to say I was a bit taken back when I read that you are keeping him in the fridge atm.  *lol*

I don't think I should get too attached as it would be almost impossible to keep them here in central QLD. :)

Najina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fridge idea totally blew me away at first too and for the first couple of days I was terrified I was going to wake up to a frozen axicle *lol*

Archived