Hydor 7.5w Mini Heater

coycub

Has anyone tried the 7.5w Hydor Mini Heaters? I just got mine in the mail today and trying it out on a small 15L tank. Just wondering if anyone else has used them? They seem ok, a small flat pad like a reptile heating mat that you can fully submerse and even put under substrate. Cheers Matt

I've been trying to find one in a Perth shop for ages! They don't burn out, even if left dry. There's no controls and it simply raises the water temp a few degrees above room temperature, obviously according to how much water it is heating. I think it would be fantastic for betta bowls/small tanks for the colder months. 30 bucks is a lot though (and add postage :sad: ). I was hoping a little heater like that would be under 20 at least.

Hi Guys. Yes that's the one in the link. It's working really well, and apparently like Halszka said they wont damage themselves if left on dry. They cut out at 26C apparently, so no temperature control. Right now their tank is sitting on 28C, and has been steady for a while now. $30 is expensive, but this little heater is almost invisible in the tank and so far so good. I would be hesitant to get more purely based on price though, It would be better if they were competitively priced with other small heaters.

• 4 months later...

i know i'm bumping an old post but i just found these stocked in a store and was so excited that i had to get it! (in a petstore - narre warren about $33) i was hesitant to buy over the net because i wasn't sure if it was bendable or rigid. opened the box to check it out and yes they're bendable! the reason why i wanted it to be bendable is the base size of my bowl isn't big enough to accomodate the full length of the heater but i wanted it submerged... so now i know that it IS able to be bent up the sides and run across the bottom :)

• 2 months later...

i know i am bumping an old thread but i have been running one of these heaters in one of my tanks at home and have had no issues what so ever. I have my undergravel and it doesn't burn out at all. All together a useful heater IMO :(

Archived