My Half Wine Barrel Pond

Xsilver368

Hi there,

Today I put together my mini pond and thought I would share some pictures. I have never had anything to do with ponds before so planting the plants and getting them to stay planted didn't exactly go smoothly but I got there in the end :-) I also brought two goldfish who will eventually reside in there! Enjoy the pics!

IMG_2182_zps6feff2a9.jpg

IMG_2179_zps7e7d0173.jpg Love this plant!

Fishy no 1 - IMG_2174_zps1c4c87ba.jpg

Fishy no 2 - 486250_4695123010083_842839766_n_zpsf8d9 I have never seen a brown goldfish before?

How long should I wait before I add the fish?

Hi Xsilver

My Niece Keeps a pond. She cleaned it out last week and put the goldies back in the day after she filled it back up. Her pond gets full morning sun and the clorine breaks down real quick. I think your water should be prity similer to hers. I put my guppies in there outside tubs the day after I fill if I use tap but if I use bore I put them in the same day.

Happy ponding

Cheers

les

I think it is roughly 120L? It is quite big and the plastic on the inside is a preformed liner, I was going to use pond liner but this was neater and I think lasts longer and looks a whole heap better :-) I put the two smaller goldys in there today and they seem quite content so far. I'm thinking about setting up another one for my endler fry that are about to be born.