awseome news

plakathunter123

hi everyone excuse the bad spelling but just checked my fry and there ummies are completely full og egg yold yum yum yum sorry i dont know how to upload pics could someone plz help me with that and i just ordered 10grams of brine shrimp eggs will that be enough until there ready to be jarred

For photos, best to join a free hosting site such as photobucket and upload your photos to there. Then you can copy the URL to here.

As for 10 grams of brine shrimp eggs. Don't know, the larger the spawn the more they'll eat and the faster you'll go through the eggs. But I do not think you'll need bbs until they are ready to be jarred. You can move them on to small pellets before then I would imagine.

Hey Hunter

I start my fry on BBs in the second week like jarrod does. I feed BBs to all my fish but I have two hatcheries going. As soon as tthey are big enough to take grindels they are added to there diet. Once they are jared I give Black worms twoi or three times a week or if I am conditioning pairs they get them every day.

Hear are some of the reasons I feed My fry BBs from the second week onwards. BBs contain large ammounts of HUFAs ( Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids ) in the first day after hatching, HUFAS are basicly long energy packed chains of Carbon and Hydrogen that build fats. these fats aid in the rapid growth of fry and the healthy development of there organs . After the first twenty four hours this nutritional value drops off but they still have some nutritional value and the exosceliton contains Chitin which acts like roughage and keeps you Betta regular.

I hope this hasnt confused you but will help you understand why we do it and the results even if you cant see them on the outside of the fish.

Cheers

Les