long winded sorry

HisGirl

so new lfs bought out old horrible lfs, the new folks are awesome they call me a regular already they only opened last week HA.

the guy who owns it John went to brissy last friday and picked me up a nice red vt girl. he said she won 1st in her class at ECA.

Im not sure what that show was or what she exactly won, but shes massive O.O he is helping me a lot with tips to spawn, i set HER up in the tank and then added him (hes smaller, but shes very heavy with eggs) he went in saw her started flirting and within an hr hes got a nice nest happening and still chasin her.

my only worry is shes so heavy in eggs she looks like shes starting to swim funny, or sits at surface but tilted slightly due to weight.

my bettas are all named a god or goddess name and i couldnt find one that ment godzilla, lol shes like twice the size of my biggest girl so when shes out of the spawn tank i have to reorganise males to give her the 20liter to her onesies with guppies and catfish. dont want to risk her eating my small ct girl Melinoe.

Can anyone shed some light on the class she may have one and what ECA stands for etc....

That's what I was trying to establish Peter... I took out 1st and 2nd place and Kiana won 3rd. I found out last night that Kiana sold 2 of my red VT girls at Saturdays auction, so perhaps it is one of these... The only other fish shows this year (other than the EKKA) were the Caboolture Show and the Betta Australis Betta Show... Sounds a lot like what was said in this thread: http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14544

lets address the bloated stomach first - worry about ribbons latur

perhaps include some additional aquarium salt and treat for constipation and/or egg-bound issues

she may be suffering these basic issues - there might be something more dire going on.

ensure she has floating plants to rest on, or reduce the water level

salt and indian almond leaf.... and don't feed her for a day or two... then maybe offer her a piece of cooked pea diced up VERY small

sorry, too tired for capital letters, or proper punctuation

good luck with her, she has great colour

lets address the bloated stomach first - worry about ribbons latur

perhaps include some additional aquarium salt and treat for constipation and/or egg-bound issues

she may be suffering these basic issues - there might be something more dire going on.

ensure she has floating plants to rest on, or reduce the water level

salt and indian almond leaf.... and don't feed her for a day or two... then maybe offer her a piece of cooked pea diced up VERY small

sorry, too tired for capital letters, or proper punctuation

good luck with her, she has great colour

She was in the spawning tank, last night she looked to really be struggling to keep level. He was in there as well. he had a beautiful nest, he would swim away then shed go check the nest out, but as soon as he came back she would swim off.

Last night she was resting her head on the sand and was constantly moving fins to keep there.

That tank has heaps of plants and an AIL that he nested under

Last night i took her and the heater (lol sorry Phanes) and i set up a plastic insect carrier (wouldnt hold more then 1ltr) put a little sand in the bottom and put in a few plants, i sat this in a spare tank (can only hold three inches of water due to a crack i the edge) i put as much water in the 5 gal till a little under the crack and put the heater in that to keep her warm. (she was bought back to town from the breeder saturday and not fed sat night not sure if she ate sunday, i brought her home monday didnt feed her, tuesday night she had a very small amount of micro pellets and ten was not fed last night)

She looks to be pineconing at the back of the belly :'(

AQ salt is the only thing im yet to stock, as soon as 10am rolls around im calling John (His new shop opens 10-6) and telling him.

She is a beautiful girl and i wouldnt want to loose her.

I rang John he told me to take her back, she was almost struggling no to be on her side when i got there. he gave me the money back

its heart breaking to see her suffer.

on the other hand apparently Phanes (the male i was to spawn her with) is QUITE the est builder. EPIC nesting...