Giants

les

I have been meaning to post pics of my new Giants but have had problems with P/B

All the fish come from Jim so once again thank you jim. I have the MG in a spawning tank at the moment and will post pics of him and his consort when they do somthing worthy of mentioning :giggle:

This is the MG, he shows green on the body and his fins are all margind in black the rest of the fin is yellow. he has a great HM spread

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

He is a real agro bugger and will even atack the glass I hope the girl he is in with at the moment can cope with that.

the next giant boy is blue and he already has a blue MG girl that he is eyeing off through the divider.

This boy is a little more layed back but still will front up to Mr MG when uncarded

I have a blue MG girl I breed myself that will he satisfy his need to breed and they can then be crossed with my other Blue giant spawn

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

None of these boys stay still long enough but thats good as it realy shows there staminar

I have one more boy who is a little on the shy side. I have a very light green girl lined up for him so it will be intresting what they produce

IMG_0960.jpg

Cheers

Les

Hey Jarrod

Fingers crossed today was there first release. If you are intrested in MGs then I have a few MG girls That I will try and get pics of if you are intrested.

Cheers

Les

ROFL

I am so going to miss not comming over. I made some small tanks for them I think they hold about 8 Ltr.

I am taking down the glass house at the moment to make room for a fishroom so all daylight hours are spent doing that but I will try for the pics on wed when I have the next big water change I want to take pics of the giant spawn I have as I did some culling and only saved the bigest.

Cheers

LesPS I am not good with cameras as you already know LOL

Nice Giants there les. I am having trouble spawning my giants for some reason...there should not be any differences in the way it is prepared right? I have no troubles with the normal sized ones just these giants are really frustrating!

Hi Chi

what part of the spawning process is giving you dificulty??

I use banana leaf on my giants to condition them. I also only feed black worm and grindel worms. I turn the temp up to 30 and Hey Presto I have bubbles. I only use young boys on older girls this has worked for me so far. If the male isnt intrested I put another male in the tank with the girl in the chimeny but take the male out after one or two nips this can get the boy intrested. But I find age and temp to be the big factor and Banana leafs it brings out the agresion in them. I hope this helps, It took me a while of sorting through things to hit it right in the end.

Cheers

Les

Banana leaf hey? where can we purchase some of this? The thing is I had 2m 3f (one of which is so large no male will be able to wrap round her and she not scared/submit to any male smaller then her) so that means 2 pairs left. No interest what so ever even when swapping them around, the male will beat tha crap outta the female but no interest towards spawning (none of the signs). I just purchased another male and am in the process of conditioning him, hope he does better. PS. if anyone has a large giant male 9-10 cm please PM me, I need a large enough male for my large female who is 8+cm.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jarrod

Yes he is more steel which is realy wierd as he and the Cambo are from that green and Blue giant spawn Rolling in the deep. They must have had some realy mixed up genes in there back ground. I had a red female Giant who has decided she didnt like her sex and has become a male??? egg spots gone and she has a bubble nest. I will put my red shim with the cambo dragon girl and see what comes out of it.

Cheers

Les