LUCKY ME! :D saved some money on tanks

ChrisBetta

Hey guys just letting you guys know that facebook fish sales groups are awesome for deals i managed to just pic up the following

16x10x10 - 16

47x10x18 - 9

38x38x38 - 1

30x30x30 - 1

25x25x25 - 1

20x20x20 - 1

31x20x20 - 1

23x15x15 - 1

47x31x31 - 1

44x20x27 - 3

42x19x24 - 3

40x16x30 - 2

16x16x22 - 1

30x10x18 - 6

There's some other random ornaments, gravel and a stick on betta tank you can grab if you like

all these tanks are glass, and got all this for $300

:D

will update you guys once there home and set up :D

Image0158.jpg

excuse the bad pic, just thought i would share what i have set up so far on the shelf i fixed, not a lot i know lol.

Image0157.jpg

as you can see still a bit left in the car to clean, find room for and set up plus the other 9 outside, busy day ahead for me tomorrow.

thanks, tho with the little tanks i have realized once getting home the back panel of ea 1 is made out of 6mm reflective mirror, would that end up causing stress if they constantly see a mirror image of themselves?

Edited by Chris the betta boy

I personally don't have any experience with that, though from my knowledge I think you're right. Could you cut up some plastic card (from display folders, bottom of 'eco' shopping bags etc.) and peg them there?

Somebody else may have some more experience with it, though I would presume it'd be very similiar to having a neighbour there- and that causes stress and eventual immunity to one another/flairing (which you don't want either of). Otherwise if you're thinking of adding any plants you could try line them against the back so that the fish is not in view of the mirror from all angles?

i was thinking a reptile heating mat on a thermostat to save so many heaters being used, was gonna test run it for a week to make sure it doesnt spike to be safe

Edited by Chris the betta boy

You need a glass tipped drill bit which you can get from hardware stores. They can be expensive and they do wear out. One option is to buy cheap ones on eBay. But if you're going cheap get a couple so you don't have to wait to reorder in the middle of the project.

$200 can buy you a lot. Look on gumtree, QLD specific fish forums for people selling off tanks. One piece of advice I can offer you is slow down, and ask for advice on anything you want to buy. Don't be afraid to miss out on a bargain as they come round more often than people think.

thanks Briztoon, im not rushing into anything more now till i have saved up and bought enough sponge filter/a big air pump and heaters to power what i got before anything else or i will just end up wasting money :), i was amazed at how cheap some of the stuff getting around is you are def right briztoon.

tehengo, im on that ipswich fish sales, happy fish sales, sunshine coast fish sales, and just watch them :)

Also thought i would update, took me all day to set up stand and tanks, get water right and make sure no spikes in temp over 6 hrs but i got this much done so far :D, at least know all the fish i DO have are now all comfy with space now

Image0163.jpg

also have been using a electric propagation tray with 1cm deep of water to heat my 2 female tanks, any1 know where you can get large ones built/or buy them, thinking i could use 1 per shelf and heat a whole rack with 3 instead of needing like 20 heaters