My First AquaBid Purchase

I'm a bit excited! Just made my first AquaBid purchase.

I decided that I wanted to stick to NR but something about this fish called to me for some reason. I think it's his body shape or something. I also got a matching female. Hopefully the right one! I think some of my questions got lost in translation and I didn't understand some of what the seller way saying either, but hopefully the important information got across.

He's sort of pinky but pearly looking. Maybe came from white parents? I dunno. Some of the females the seller sent me photos of had orange fins. I got a girl that looked nearly white.

Or14-1.jpg

This is the sellers photo (hope I'm allowed to post it).

Oh and I possibly just bought a Gold Dragon HMPK from someone.... Just waiting to hear back.

Edited by Steph90

Steph, he's beautiful!

I'd suggest he's a cello base dragon, with red marble genetics (or just red wash) it's in his ventrals and anal fin and actually a little bit through the caudal, and could be a really interesting fish in person, I can't wait to see more photos of him.

Personally I really like the red under that dusky dragon coverage on the fins, I think it's real PURDY - but this is just my arty self talking, not my pretend staunch librarian-style-IBC-handbook-waving-self.

Design-wise I can see why this boy took your fancy, those ventrals thrown back and his overall geometry are really lovely. GOOD SELECTION!

The little yella fella + missus I sent the link to from someone can be the bannana-boat fun ones... but while this is a red man, I very much loves him.

You've got a good eye!

there's a lot of junk on AB

That seller has some nice fish. All the sellers I've purchased off so far have been friendly and polite, even with the language barrier!

He looks nice and sharp. Now you just have to bite your nails to stubs hoping he and his female? arrive okay. I don't think I have any nails left by the time the shipment is due.

Oooh, I likey! I'm hopeless with form and such, so I'll just say he's pretty heheh. I like his colour, it's really different. If some females had orange fins, could we suspect that putting him back to his spawn sister could produce some Non-Reds?

I saw those Gold Dragons, too. -drool- I'm excited for you, congrats!

Wild Nut, the seller is very polite. He sent me some photos of some females but they are sending some more tonight that will "look more beauty" apparently. They said that they want to make me happy with the female. Which is nice.

I'm freakin' out! My heart feels all fluttery in a nervous/excited way.

Ness, I feel the same. I don't know how IBC-correct he is but he just looks "right" to me. He just seems to have some kind of visual balance and I really like the colour. The ventrals are really cute, I'm pretty sure they are those double ones. You can see better in another photo. I think you called them "chopsticks" once. So much for waiting hmmm...

Thanks Lilly. I was excited for you when you got yours too! I feel a bit more confident knowing that yours arrived safely.

Please live Mr. (& Mrs.) fishy! I have a nice warm home waiting for you!

They'll be lucky to have you Steph, and I'll be READY when you have a spawn tank full of babies to get rid of (mwahaha)

I've never had any bad luck with shipping fish O/S and Preecha dus such a wonderful job wrangling the sellers, and someone - well, we all know someone is tops.

Chopsticks and fingers crossed (:

Yeah I've had 12 or so splendens shipped from Thailand and I have had no injuries or deaths. The only deaths I have had were my two female wild-caught wilds that were DOA after being shipped from Jarkata to Bangkok.

Never had any issues with acclimatising them in or anything. All my imports have done splendidly in my tanks, better in fact then my ones from dubious fish stores.

You can sign me up, too, Steph. :D I thought I might have a bazillion fry and so far I only have 8, heh. Worry about it when it happens, but I'm sure there will be plenty of interest- he's stunning!

Good luck, I'm sure they'll get here safely. Do you know when the next shipment is?

Not too long to wait then! Yep, that's right. :) I believe it's only a days trip from Thailand, so they should be released on the 18th or so- depending on when the shipment actually is 'course.

I suppose so, but I was hoping for atleast 20- room for error, deformities things like that. It'll be nice if I can grow them all up, but we'll see. :D