My new purchase.

briztoon

I bought this pair from last nights YouTube listings. Got to have a good look at them in store this evening. They are gorgeous, but oh so small. I already have people wanting to buy juveniles from the first spawn. The boy is going to be my entrant in the September show. So spawn first, then growing out and training for the show.

001-5.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

I saw them within about ten minutes of them being listed, and spent the next hour re-watching the clip and agonizing over should I or shouldn't I. About half the views of this pair are probably just me.

It's all good. I told someone last night, do not let me buy any fish until August, when I plan on asking JL to try and source two pairs of HM's for me.

lmao the other half of the views would be me, i was agonizing over them too, which is quite a big deal cuz i'm fussy AND not all that into crowntails.. but that pair.. lol tried to find as many faults as i could to talk myself outa wanting them to no avail lol, awesome buy mate they look even better in the still pictures :D

Well the pair are home and in his tank. I wasn't able to buy a smaller fry saver net today, so I have her in one of the large fry savers which takes up almost half the top part of the tank.

Female at the back, next to the plant.

010.jpg

Male having a "discussion" with my platinum blue male in the tank next door.

013.jpg

LOL. He swam between the front of the tank and the fry net to show off to the female, and found out he couldn't turn around or back up. He ended up working out that down was the way out.

011.jpg

So he figured that trying to get her attention from underneath the fry net was the best option.

012.jpg

Did I mention how small the pair is. He's so cute, he's awesome.

Edited by briztoon

Don't know, I'll have to measure him.

But not small enough for me to worry. He's pretty much the same size as my 3.5 month old Platinum Blue HM male that I purchased off AquaBid, and picked up on Sunday.

They're just smaller than the veil tails you see for sale in most LFS.

Edited by briztoon

I thought it was the other way around, ours are smaller???

Not sure, just what I have been told.

Well ours are sourced from overseas most of the time, not many captive bred bettas in Australia are there really?

I think it was in relation to Thai bettas anyway.

Yes, the pair is from Indonesia. They are small, but the female is ready to spawn. She's all barred up and flaring back at the male. I had planned on growing them up for a month, but someone says they should be bred now, especially as she's keen.

Zui, you can see her in the video.