Banana worms, Walter Worms.

CNgo2006

I recently received starter cultures of Banana worms and Walter worms but am very skeptical as they could have just sold me micro worms which I already have. Once my starters mature I will do the survival time test for these worms vs microworms and a test to see if they take longer to sink then microworms (apparently walter worms sink slower) but what I really want is to ask if anyone here has a microscope in which they can verify if these are really what the seller says they are. Is there any other way to test them? :confused:

Edited by Chi

Did a 2sec google search, apparently Banana Worms are less than half the size of Micro Worms and smaller than Walter Worms.

Personally, I haven't cultured either of these, so can't help you further.

Yeh I know but how can you tell by the naked eye? I'm gonna have to do some tests and try to find a microscope somewhere once the cultures mature (so far they are doing well but the truth is I can't tell the difference).

I think I might just give up and culture 1 type as trying to not cross contaminate the 3 cultures is a headache! Although before I do I really want to find out if these are what the seller says they are! Anyone?

did a quick google. from what i can gleam, it seems that BW and WW are rather similar and are meant to be smaller than MW. and Banana worms are meant to be more fatty than MW. Also some sources have been unable to find differences between these 3 nematodes even under the microscope... though this may be due to cross-contamination and only one type dominating.