Good News for Animals

Jess

Ebay in Doghouse over pets

I sighed relief that ebay would not go ahead with selling animals online. Like the article stated, it would be a haven for weedy puppy farms to advertise and sell dogs.

On a lighter note, imagine the feedbacks "Not happy! Puppy has hip dysplasia and is not a cockadoodlesnoodle, its a mutt!"

Seller reply "Offered replacement puppy free of charge, never answered emails"

;)

Selling fishies are different, but you run the risk of diseased & deformed fish. I am having visions of buying 10 neon tetras "buy it now" for $5 with free postage.

If eBay did ever go ahead with allowing Fish sales, would you think it is safe to sell or buy fish off ebay?

Why? Why would people be more likely to sell crap bettas on Ebay than Aquabid? I mean, they already can auction bettas somewhere (unlike puppies) so the people that sell on aquabid would have somewhere else they coudl advertise, and get more bidders I expect. Is it because it is anticipated that more people know of ebay so will buy on a whim and then treat the fish poorly?

Yes, I suppose that more people would buy bettas off Ebay and treat the fish poorly. That's why I said I wouldn't buy fish from Ebay - people can't seriously care for their fish if they would sell them to someone who doesnt care either. Some people are addicted to bidding on Ebay. ;) And I have seen some ridiculous auctions on Aquabid, but I think it is much simpler and easier to use and not cluttered. It also has everything in one place and lots of it. That's mainly why I prefer it.

Archived