Bbs hatching issues

Fletch

I have had a few fail lately. My eggs are at least 12 mths old and when I got em I separated one lot to the freezer and one lot in the chiller in the fridge. I was using the lot in the chiller. After speaking to Shadoh to confirm I had right mix of salt ect, I tried the eggs that were in the freezer. Jackpot. :-). I then tried one last batch of chiller eggs, failed. Freezer eggs, again, perfect.

So, nothing new here but does confirm that the freezer is the best way to store your eggs. :-).

Thanks for the tip, Paul!

I have heard on sticking Brineshrimp eggs in the freezer.. but haven't tried it myself. Shall pop some in. :)

I use straight seawater. We rarely go to the beach, but when I do I take like 10 bottles (do get lots of funny stares/people, including lifeguards asking what I'm doing).

This is good to know, Paul... And great to see such a convincing demonstratable difference.

Makes feel feel like less of a dope with BBS hatching. I'm putting the perpetual fail down to it being a bad batch from crappy packaging and storage from the company. I am completely in the clear... Obviously!!!