Need me some tanks!

jb89

Always looking online, FB, garage sales ect.

Even when I dont need em, I still look. Funny, I usually end up buying a bargain that's to good to pass when I don't really need another tank. Soon enough, that tanks full and I am still looking at tanks, just in case another "bargain" pops up. Lol. :-).

I'm glad someone else does that!!

Depends what you want to use the tanks for too. If they're not for display and just for housing something like male bettas, Kmart has some great 20ish litre tanks for not much. Otherwise eBay, trading post, gumtree, LFS for both new and used.

Pretty much to house some bettas, I want to divide some of the tanks I get if I can as well...

What you guys recommend for dividing tanks?

I have tried bunnings but didn't get anywhere as I didn't know what to look for!

Dividers are hard and wrought with danger.

Allow me to instill the fear of god into you first and then mention where I've gotten mine in the past.

I guess the issues begin with stability - I'd look at finding a tank safe silicone (good aquariums sell it) and I'd be gluing them down well.

Stories of shifting dividers are all too familiar.

Circulation is also another issue - dividers really disrupt flow - even when I was running my eheim 2215 in a 90 litre divided tank (x3) I wasn't getting the filtration I really needed to keep the tank clean (water chem was OK)

I'd also steer WELL away from flywire - I did a GREAT DIY essay on how to do this - don't do it.

Fly wire totally stopped flow - was a great foundation for algae and was crap at staying in place (Despite my amazing engineering skillz)

With all that in mind, go nuts! Divide away - just do it carefully!

Talk to your Local aquarium about dividers - these are sold expensively at coburg and boronia aquariums (vic)

71616967835767cce99be8b3b1f883e9bb725d10

Hmm I have seen this product at a not so local fish store... the only thing I was worried about is the sizes.. (if they would fit) etc!

Thanks for the info! I must continue with my awesome researching.... (skillz).. lol......

I use the embroidery canvas sold at spotlight and poster holders sold at K Mart to make the edges rigid. If you get the measurements right, it will stay in place. If you place poster holders on all 4 sides, it will wedge in nicely to a bare bottomed tank. It's a little more running around, but comes in much cheaper than the dividers sold at pet shops.

Then that's what the problem is... The fabric stuff is coated with a starch to make the canvas stiff. That is what is leaching into the water and making the water cloudy. I'd seriously get that stuff out and do a major water change!

I am so sorry, I should have specified to only get the plastic stuff.