NPT/DIY CO2

les

Ok so I found this tank on the road side collection it had its hood and light with tube intacked I left the stand behind as I allready had a spare stand at home and didnt have enough room left in the back of the car. I took it home disassembled it cleaned and steralized it and reassembled it with fresh silacone and that gave me a three footer to make up as an NPT with DIY CO2. I placed river sand steralized with hot water but not washed in the bottom I sread three table spoons of blood and bone ( the basic NOT B/B plus) I coverd this with very well aged Canadian peat then coverd that with river sand at the back and white builders sand at the front. The reasone for the fine white sand at the front was for dwarf hair grass to grow the tank was filled with aged water and planted with Giant Hair Grass (in left hand corner) Dwarf Hair Grass front Ambulia (centre rear behind rocks) Java Fern Winlov (centre) Dwarf corck screw Valaris (right rear) Subwasatang ( left rear and right forground driftwood) and Java Moss (left drft wood) Pilia stones where placed around the centre planting of dwarf hair grass. The tank was clear for the first day but then started to cloud up I 50% water changed on the second day and 30% water changed on the therd day with top 20% on the fourth day and conected up the CO2 Reactor today the tank is as clear as it was on the first day it did get some clay in the water columb whilst planting so I do atribute that to the cloudyness. Guppies have been in since the start and have been a picture of health infact there coulers are even better now than before

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Cheers

Les

Looks great, the wood you've used reminds me a bit of Tom Barr's "woodgami" tank.

Make sure you keep up with the riccia, it will need to be pruned all the time otherwise the bottom rots of and it floats off, its an absolute pain to keep re-tying, once it gets going I used to trim mine at least once every week. Trim it out of the tank otherwise the riccia fragments and grows all ofver the tank, it will get all through your hair grass.

I know what you mean about getting every where I had it in the guppies tank whilst I was tying the stones and it has attached itself to everything I thought it would all float to the surface but no it proved me wrong I might remove it from this tank and put in the Blaxa as I am going to devide it some time soon, there are three plants in there so that would fill in by the drift wood on the right hand side

Cheers

Les

I think a path of blyxa would look really good spilling down between the two rocks, watch it doesn't get to big though.

That piece of wood, the middle one in the last photo, how would that look if you turned it upside down , the grain of the wood appears to be going the opposite way to all of the rest and to my eye looks a tad un natural, I think its that little stub pointing the gravel.

I get where your coming from with the wood I put all the Java moss on one side of it as it went over another bit of wood in its originel tank I amjust getting more drift wood seasoned in the 200Ltr drums at the moment that should give me a good selection to work with I am looking for pieces to do that project with the moss I was talking about

Chears

Les

Hey Ness its ammazing what you can pick up. I think that the people that live in the house where I got the tank from work for a company cauled Kent as there was a big brown truck with that writen on the side and as I was driving away they came running out and waved real frendly like

Cheers

Les