Heating a partitioned tank

Bazzinator

I recently bought a 55Watt aquaone heater for my 40L tank. the heater works well except for one thing because the tank is partitioned only the section that the heater is in actually reaches the temperature and the other three are way off. any ideas or advice on what i should do

Edited by Aaron1123

Do the partitions seal up each individual compartment, or does the water flow through all compartments freely? If each compartment is sealed off from the other then your only options would be a reptile heating cord which can be coiled into each section, individual mini heaters (this option is expensive) or to heat the tank from underneath using a reptile heating pad. Or, heat the whole room - but this is not practical just for one tank.

If the water flows between each compartment then you could set up a pump/filter thing in one end, have a hose or spray bar to take the water to the opposite end, and the water will circulate throughout the tank - maintaining an even temperature.

i was thinking it could be due to the 10mm thick perspex that i have used as dividers water can get to every section but it isn't a lot i was thinking of drilling in big enough holes so the water can flow but the fish cant go through to help with the spreading of the water.

• 2 weeks later...