How long after a spawn...

luv_my_fish

...Can you use the same female again?

The White Opaque HMPK female I used in my current spawn is obviously a good breeder (plenty of eggs and even helped with egg collection), and I want to use her again so I can start to try and get my 'Panda HMPK' line. I was talking to Les about it briefly yesterday, and now I'm super keen to start.

It has been a little over a week since she was taken out of the spawn tank, and I have been partly conditioning her since then. There is another full moon in a few days...Do you think it would be wise to try her in the spawn tank again with another male?

I know I should just be more patient, but, you know... :lol:

Thoughts?

I'd give it a try. If she looks like she is getting full of eggs again, why not? I know people who have spawned the female again after only a few days (I wouldn't recommend it though :) ) a couple of weeks between spawnings is plenty of time IMO...

Well she looks pretty full of eggs again. I suppose, just because I put her in the spawn tank doesn't mean that anything will happen...I hope it does though lol

I just feel bad, because the male from the pair I was GOING to spawn has made a nice bubblenest and everything...then I will be kicking him out so that the new male has time to get all macho over his new surroundings.

Mmm yeah...I'm going to give it a try :D

Hi LMF

Dont be silly Mel Its a fish farm not a puppy farm LOL. Zacs girls fill up with eggs fast and she may well be ready allready.

I dont think its anything like a puppy farm what you are doing and I for one will be after a panda if you have a few from the match we where talking about when you where over. I have some spare containers for jarring if thats whats troubling you and I can get my hands on some shelving I think so ther wont be much cost and as far as food goes you can have some of the large grindels boxes so I say go for it Girl

Cheers

les

Edited by les