What is the minimum temperature for a betta?

mumofthehoarde

If you don't have room for a heater in the tank have you considered the under tank heaters? Or there is a mini heater by Marina called the C10 which is for tanks up to 10L. Keeps my 10L at a consitent 26c.

I don't use them however my understanding is that they are designed for reptile enclusures but that they are suitable for small tanks as well. I not sure how well they heat the water however any form of heating and stable temprature should be better than none.

SiameseFightingFist my understanding is that as most of the other tanks in a LFS are heated it creates a humid environment with enough warm air temprature to keep the fish at a comfortable temp. I know I have never been cold in any of my local stores (however I am not a fish).

Edit: SP

Edited by Sha

When I lived in Sydney I kept my bettas in a small kitchen that had a door. I heated the kitchen in winter but the rest of the year it was fine. I don't recall testing the temperature a lot but the fish seemed happy enough. In my current setup I use reptile heating cords and a thermostat to heat 16 small tanks. Much cheaper than 16 heaters. But for a single tank it would be cheaper to simply get a heater for it.

during the day my fish room is keeping the unheated tank anything from 24c to 28c

But at night it can drop down to 21c. I need to jar fry but I need to keep their jar stable temp.

Too much swing to risk it unheated

Edited by mumofthehorde