Plastic Egg Crate

somchai2500

Hi.

After web searching and 4 phone calls, all I spoke to were helpful.

Located a supplier in Chelenham, Woodflo, of Powder Coated Aluminium egg crate. Quoted $109 for 1220 * 1220 sheet

He was not sure how it would react in freshwater, salt water could cause oxidization if any uncoated area is exposed.

I found a supplier of plastic egg crate sheet in Melbourne. 1200 * 600 (15mm grid) I will use fibreglass fly-wire to stop the little buggers getting to each other.

They indicated the had a some sheets left,for $40

FlashAir in Mulgrave, Henderson Rd off Wellington Rd.

One person suggesting a commercial lighting wholesaler or supplier, used for diffusing fluro's.

Wouldnt the egg sheet crate be too large to stop fish getting to each other? The holes in them seem rather big, are you attaching fiber glass wire to it ? or just using fiber glass wire, that would probably be better.

ok please forgive me if I am totally wrong...egg crate..that is like the plastic cross stitch canvas stuff right??

I got some nice big sheets of similiar sort of stuff from my cheese making supplier... We use it for airing cheese. I think it was 1m x 1m...this sort of stuff

am I on the right track????

Plastic egg crate is about $13 wholesale per sheet 4ft x 2ft - if you know an electrician see if they can get some for you....

Egg crate is a great tank cover during warm weather when you want evaporation for cooling.....

Also eggcrate is great for standing jars on in a Betta barracks - keeps them up out of the water so you don't get too many drips when you take them out :)

also great as a divider - for smaller fish just attach nylon flyscreen or shade mesh....

Wayne= correct on all counts

Need the egg crate to suspend beanie boxes in a 60x30x30 tank figure that will hold about 10 BB and 4 free swimmers with some clever divders.

Also as dividers with fibre-mesh several 40x20x20 tanks.

But I am waiting on Ness + :ph34r::devil: bad ass gang of the Vic Betta Chapter, of the ASV. :rofl:

Barrack Solution.

Ness... if you see this I see some littlen's with Dads colours.