DIY Light Stand on my 3ft

GoldenGirl13

Ok. Being somewhat financially under-endowed (POOR!!) The light I was able to afford for my 3ft community tank was too short for the stand that came with it to be of any use. First I made some legs :blush: using styrofoam and foil (so the blu-tack would stick :blush: ) and had them under the light and sitting on the lid of the tank.

DSCN0211.jpg

These are them! Yes I know, don't laugh they worked :blink:

I asked Owen if he could make a stand for me that would sit over the edges of the tank. Being the genius he is, he said, Yep, no worries I'll do this...*insert long detailed highly technical explanation that made no sense even with drawings* :blink: And this is the end result. All done with perspex and attached using little toggles in a channel conveniently located in the top of the light housing!

DSCN0210.jpg

Side view

DSCN0209.jpg

Front view

DSCN0208.jpg

And the final result.

Not pretty but it works and it was free, just needs a little packing to help it sit level but even as it sits now it's solid as a rock, nice and lightweight and slides easily when I need to move it! God Bless Husbands....even the ones that complain about hte fish can't resist a challenge :dance: