Male Guppies all together?

mumofthehoarde

Hi Everyone

What is the general opinion on male guppies being alone together? I have 3 in a small tank, no one's is getting badly beaten up but are they happy I guess is the question? I would hate to think I was stressing my fish.

I have a massive over population problem and I want to pick out my favourite guys to keep and get rid of the rest (common guppies that is..not my fancies)but I dont want to go back to a massive population problem again and figured breaking up the sexes is the way to go.

Ideas and opinions very welcome

Michelle

Just remember that the girls may drop babies up to a couple months or so after separating as they can apparently store sperm for a while. So you may still get some boys appearing out of nowhere in your girls tank.

Paul and Yan are quite right Mumof, boys all in together is fine. As long as they can't see females they'll show off to each other (bit of a shimmy and look at me moves!! :woohoo: ) they'll chase each other but they don't fight. As for females storing sperm...OH YEAH! I've had surprises up to 3 months after separation. <_< just remember to keeping checking for fatties and try to make life easier on your self by taking Mum out before she gives birth :fun: I keep my boys in my community tank and they are brilliant. Really quick and always in and out of the plants and driftwood and gorgeous to boot.