Angel fish fights

Neffy

Just a quick question, I got 2 koi angel fish awhile ago and they got on with each other very peacefully untill i got a 3rd angel fish a silver & black strip one. Now the 2 koi have started fighting with each other and i was wondering if this is because they are male and the new silver angel is female? the silver one is still VERY shy but does tend to hang out with the koi that starts the fights over the other one.

Is the less dominate koi in danger of getting killed? or will they just butt heads occasionally? he seems a little stressed out :( the tank is probably not large enough for them to have their own territories

this is the tank i dont know its measurements hehe

if the two koi are fighting are fighting the new one it sounds like your koi is a pair

otherwise it sounds (to me) that they are just trying to find out who is dominance because it was already set that one of them was higher but now there is a new angelfish it starts all over again, I think they will be find after they find out who is more dominante.

Nah The koi only fight each other, the silver one doesnt get in or start any fights at all. I think one of the koi might have paired with the silver one.

I hope your right that they are just trying to establish the hirachy again! they where all peacefull together for awhile tho only recently its started.

I'd probably just leave them to sort it out. I added two very small (between 10c coin and 20c coin sized) koi angels in with my breeding pair with no dramas. Female chases the little kois if they come too close but nothing serious.

If it gets to the point of physical damage I'd either add more or send the bullied angel back to the shop.

I've had a pair of angelfish that bullied the other angelfish so much I found one stuck behind a little rock

My female angelfish had just stopped arguing who is the queen in the tank and they are peacefull but one needs to grow her fins back (didn't see ANY fighting)

Angels are no angels... they are cichlids afterall and will try to establish their own territory if they are male and especially if they form a pair.... if the tank is large enough then no probs but if its a small tank I'd remove the fish that isn't part of the pair.... as they say... two's company and three's a crowd..... :)