Oops..

Pyrefly

I don't usually fall for the 'sick fish, buy me' routine.. really. I totally have willpower.

But when this bedraggled little minx started flirting at me from her nasty 10cm cube on the shelf at the LFS.. Next thing I knew I was leaving the shop with a bag O fish.

I'm not sure what happened to her fins to get them this bad - She was much worse when I brought her home, she had exposed rays, splits and very little anal fin at all. But even in that tiny space, she had attitude! In the 5-6 days since I've had her she's already made an amazing comeback.. this little girl has spunk, and I'm glad I I gave her the chance to prove it.

pebble3_18-05-2011.jpg

pebble2_18-05-2011.jpg

Most of their Bettas are well cared for and have much better accomodations.. Its a shop in the worst part of town, but they often carry some higher end fish, Dragons & Crowntails etc. This little girl had been shoved in a corner in her cube, the manager was horrified when I brought her over!

Snapped this one while I was sitting here typing about her, hehe.. She says hi.

pebble1_18-05-2011.jpg

LOL @ Merlin! I think she blew a kiss ;) ;) ;)

Matt - Its called Pet Country, right on Kingston Road here in Slacks Creek. Practically across the road from me now :)

They have a colourful reputation.. but I get on well with the management, most of the staff know their stuff too.

Not a patch on someone's, but they do have some nice fish from time to time and a fairly decent stock of plants. Worth a look if you're in the neighbourhood.

That would be further away than someone's lol Just remembered a place I found near Aspley that had some stunning HM's and stuff, the stock of all the fish they had was fantastic, was before I found someone :)

Looks like a fish fight with some regrowth. Not sure if you ever saw my 'Cullen' boy. He was in much the same state but with white spot as well. Wonder how he's going these days.. I rehomed him once his fins were 80% regrown.

It is really hard when you walk past what could have been a beautiful fish, but they've just not been cared for appropriately...

I saw a bunch of fish in jars out the back of my LFS, one male had jumped in with another to get a closer look...

fortunately it happened while I was sifting through, so we had a quiet word about how the other fish might not have liked the invasion of privacy, and put him back in his jar (so these things DO happen)

I have a bit of a Mc Donalds philosophy with the LFS, if I don't agree with how they keep fish, I don't buy from them - plenty of small operations around that could use my patronage...

Glad to hear she's making a comeback however - i love that you called her a minx - what a great name! is she yet "titled?"

The girls seem to have such great personalities!

-ness

Sorry Yan, Ness - Didnt see more replies in here.

She is tentatively called 'Pebbles'.. not sure if it'll stick.

Introduced her to the girls today after her few weeks in solitary. Her fins aren't perfect yet but she's gained weight and colour. Has a lovely bright blue/pink iridescence to her I wasnt expecting from a LFS bimbo :D

Here she is flaring at Latifah.. a fish about double her size.

pebble24-05-2011.jpg