Re-sealing leaking tank (around 40 litres)

Can't say as I've had as much with my other fish room efforts - with the excitement of 6 kittens arriving for some itty bitteh kitteh committee help (babysitting overnight)

I left an airhose siphoning out my salamander spawn

I GOT HOME TO A CENTERMETER OF WATER LEFT IN THE TANK.

They all look so ANGRY at me

and the original 1950s carpet smells .......bad....

Anyhoo - yes, puddles under tanks, hopefully not with that one.

Sheesh..

-Ness

I knoes!

Anyhoo - I'm full time at work this week, and have a busy social calender (oh i'm so important) so I haven't had a moment to look at the tank, I'm sure it's still sitting there curing... will make some time to test it before the weekend.

Shall keep y'all posted with leak updates.... fingers crossed!

-tankfulNess

nice job!! heh. David helped me with mine, he's a pretty messy boy and it is nowhere are clean as yours.

Very pretty :D The masking tape works well, I'll keep that in mind for the next silicon job I have to do.. which will be never. Hopefully. o__o

I felt myself cringe when you said "next silicone job"

I have a 4ft eBay tank ($10 + stand!!!) in the shed that looks decidedly like it it's going to need me to strap on some rubber gloves and do a FULL INSPECTION

(be very afraid Busman)

Heheh

-glovedNess

Arrrhhhhh Tonight's the night (I think) going to put this one and the 3.5-4 foot tank to the water-tight test...

if the 3.5 foot beast leaks I will probably cry... and then get all DIY on it... no more phodos.... nearly got silicone in my lense.... hmmm maybe timelapse?

-watertightNess