New bettas

Matt_95

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the red girl already had split fins, they are almost grown back. I almost put my black plakat male in the tank though just then instead of my black orchid girl. That would have been disasterous. Good news to, I'm aloud to breed! Not sure who yet, Its a toss up between My Black orchid CT's. Gold CT's and Cambodians. The cambodian I think the cambodian might be a butterfly!

I can't get pictures of the new ones yet, Dad has the camera.

He was half flaring, couldn't get any pictures of his spread. He is Melano x black lace so it means females ARE fertile. Now I just need to get a female.

i can't get the female black orchid, she is black and the camera doesn't focus on her. The plakat actually looks like a siloette (spelling)

What about crossing the black orchid female with the PK? She is CT correct?

Yeah, the photo does make him look a bit silhouette-ish. Didn't notice that before.

My Black Lace PK seems to know when I'm trying to take a photo, so stops flaring, flares halfheartedly, or turns on an awful angle. Sooo annoying. :((

Edit: Female is CT, not was. Grrr...

Edited by Sarah

I want to have Pk fry though. I might see if someone has one in the next shipment or I might have to order one. I will have to save though. I spent $135 today. thats like 4 weeks pay (my boss only geives me 3 hours because I went on holidays for a month). I'm thinking of doing the Black orchids first and yes they are CT.

That is what he actually looks like, so hard to focus on for some reason.

Makes sense, hope you can find yourself a female.

I love Black Orchids, they are gorgeous - oh, would you happen to ship once your fabulous fry are born? Just curious. ;)

Maybe it is hard to focus on him because of his pitch-black colour.

Is it just the photo, or are his scales pine-coning a little?

I will try my hardest to ship although they will probably be my first spawn so I might not be ready for it yet. Maybe I could pay Jarrod to if he has it up.....

That is what I though, it happens with all my pitch black fish, it focuses with the flash in the photo cube but it made him look orange. It is just the photo, his gills are sorta in half flare lol.

OK, I meant his back though if you enlarge the photo (the forum automatically makes it smaller). It is probably just the photo like you said. :)

I just had dropsy (well my fish did, not me), so I'm like on the look out for even the tiniest scale out of place. :blush:

It does look like it, I just went and checked though, he is fine thank goodness. I just had dropsy to, I nearly had one that went from major pineapple scales (they were actually falling off) to just blaoted using tonnes of epsom salts and then its side ruptured.

When I just read the first bit of your comment ("it does look like it"), I thought.. oh no.. he has dropsy. :scared: Phew, you can't put comment like that at the beginning of your comments! :scold:

Shame to hear about your Betta, to think it is all going to be OK.. then it turns.

Matt, that is a lovely plakat. Midnight is a perfect name for him (or even Shadow... :rolleyes:*lol*)

Sarah, if you end up getting all the fish you have put orders in from everybodies spawns, you are going to need that big farmhouse with the fishroom much sooner than you planned *lol*

Midnight is a perfect name for him or even Shadow

*lol* Nice try! *lol*

Sarah, if you end up getting all the fish you have put orders in from everybodies spawns, you are going to need that big farmhouse with the fishroom much sooner than you planned

Woo! I'm getting my farmhouse sooner than planned? YAY! Haha.. maybe your right, not like I ask everybody. My room will just end up like a mini-fishchicks! :love:

No worries Matt, sorry I freaked you out. :( I would have been panicking too.

Okies, I thought it was a Betta.

I would love my Room to look like the betta section at Fishchicks, that was what convibnced Mum to let me breed, she saw how lovely they were. She wanted HM's though, All of mine are tail biters though so I went for CT's. They had a massive Giant plakat, I would love a giant HM that would be awesome.

I had a dream the othernight a created my own universe to kepp my fish in, I think that tops a farm house :P

My fish room does look like the betta section of fishchicks at the moment...lol

I remember last year she had some real nice giant HMs. I was very tempted, but couldn't afford it at the time. I haven't been able to find anything on aquabid to match since. Not that I'm looking now I've just bought 2 new pairs :)

Mum to let me breed, she saw how lovely they were

Wow, I thought she thought they were ugly. Amazing.

Maybe get a HM girl for your PK! Surely with that you'll get a few non-tail biters. Somebody on here had giant HMs a little while back, I think it was Volvodriver.

Nah, on my farm I'll have horses, and cows, chickens, llamas (love those), I'll have lots of fruit & veg, a dam with ducks.. lots of things, even reindeer's (since I saw them at jamberoo yesterday).. and a FISH HOUSE!!! Pretty cool. B)

Haha.. I had the dream the othernight about my own fish world... sooo many tanks, sooo many fish. :P Then I got woken up. <_<

She thinks the tanks are ugly but likes the setup at someone's, there was this one which she said she wanted me to get, nearly had her convinced to set up a little cube upstairs ( a no fish zone) she thught the giants were ugly though, I want one just for the curiosity factor, don't have room though. I'm hoping to build my baraks this week :)