LPS finds (6 pictures)

Em

Saturday I went up to the fish shop at Coffs Harbour that I like and bought two 16inch tanks and 5 bettas.

These first two were in the female's tank and it's clear to see that they AIN'T ladies at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Better photo of "her" colours

Posted Image

"She" also has a very impressive bubblenet going.

I bought a female to go with the bottom plakat.

Posted Image

Also bought a VT, lovely colour but no idea what you'd call it! (and sorry that it's not the brightest picture, having issues with my flash)

Posted Image

and a lady for him, sorry she got her head distorted.

'>

Think they were worth $6.95 each?

It was the flaring at anything and nipping that signalled me into their true sex. The pet shop people kept asking me if I was okay, when I told them I can look for hours they just said to give them a call when I was ready to choose... so I did, don't think they knew they had two males in their lady/catfish tank.

Nice finds. It's amazing how many times you can find males being sold as females in these stores! I think they decide they are female because of the short tail. The VT male looks as though he may have some CT traits in there somewhere.

I love the plakats, I blame Vicki who I got my first two off (both have sadly passed on since) :( And hopefully I might try to breed the green/red male with the female of very similar colouring to see what I get...

When I looked at the VT in the store I noticed the jaggered fins and thought the same thing about him having some CT in him

Posted Image

This photo shows his colour slightly better, he's got the dark body, red fins with some blue at the base with a touch of black at the end of his tail, I like him anyway and he was blowing a bubblenet within an hour of getting into his new home (randy bugger!)

Archived