My Betta...FINALLY!

daniel031

Hello everyone,

The day you all have been waiting for is finally here!

You will see 3 pictures of my red crowntail with blue/green irridesence.

I am yet to choose a name, any sugestions? Tell me what you think of him.

Note: These images are horrible and I need to make a photo tank....

Betta3.png

Note: I havent finnished decorating the tank yet..

Betta2.png

Betta1.png

Dan

No, not orangey (My stupid, yet expensive camera likes to tell lies)

He is like the colour on the left side of the red ballon :balloons:

I know...It is confusing. When I eventually make the photo tank It will be petter and I will post more.

So Sarah, What do you think of him....I know he isnt perfect. I will start a new thread in the Critique-ing topic once i get the new pics

I didnt even notice how the colour had changed in my photos...how embarassing :alright:

I think he is cute! A bit hard to tell with the photos though.. could you maybe get a video?

Looks like he has a nice tank. Is there any plants/decorations?

Not sure about names sorry. Maybe something to do with the colour.. Ruby, Flame, Chilli, Blaze, Rory (means Red King in Irish), Poppy, Tabasco, Marmalade, etc, etc. :)

Good luck with him. Any plans to breed him in the future?

I will get a video very soon.

There are no plants/ decorations as of yet, But ver shortly he will have some.

AND I love the name Blaze! I think that is what I will name him X D.

I think I will eventually Breed him. I just need to find some place that sells females. <_<

once I put the video up, do you think you could tell me if he has desirable traits? I think his Back fin (I forgot what it is called) is a little short but that can be corrected a bit (Hopfully) with the female.

VRbw41TPQD0

Sorry everyone, Wish I could have done better. I need to buy a glass tank(and HD camera) as this plastic one is all scratched and makes the water look horrid!..

And youtube doesnt want to link so I will put on the address....

[url=]"

link Edited by daniel031

It probably is..I just fixed it.

I am just wondering should I be concerned if Blaze does eat very much? I have Freeze dried blood worms and flakes with Brine shrimp in it.. When I Feed him (I have tried both) He just suckes it in the spits it out. Should I try to feed him a pea and see if that works?

Or maybe he just doesnt know what to do with them.....maybe they fed him something different? I am worried :(

BTW, Blaze is a giant scardy cat!

Edited by daniel031

Flakes.. I have 12 Betta and only one will eat flakes. I have no idea how other people manage to get them to eat it lol!

Best food I've found is Hikari betta bio-gold pellets, everybody loves it. Best live food (IMO) is adult brine shrimp, your LFS may sell bags of it. I always grab a bag when I get a new Betta.

Freeze dried anything should only be fed as a treat. Once a week, maximum.

Remember though, they're only small and their stomach is only about the size of their eye. They don't eat all that much. :) My biggest boy still only eats about 3 hikari pellets morning and night.

Just a thought Daniel but Blaze might feel a bit more comfortable with something to hide in or behind, our boy Red didn't really settle well enough to eat much until we gave him a hidey hole. Maybe a small silk plant or IAL? Just something to think on. Red is now so settled in his new house he will chase his tankmates Thai and Chilli (2 pepper cories) and rip off their prawn pellets!! Jo

I had a red Betta (died recently) who was the biggest scardy cat ever!

I slowly introduced him (uncarding) with females, males.. and slowly, ever so slowly, he got better.. and better. I did so good a job that when I tried to cross him with my favourite girl, Red cambodian, Apple.. he killed her. Came in to check.. he had shredded her fins and was eating her brain. Serisolouy, I think I did too good of a job. For the rest of his life I never let him in the same tank of anything. He had the biggest head. I'm sure Blaze would like something to hide in, it will really help him settle in. :)

Raspberry -

Raspberry+;%29.jpeg

I gave him a clip once, so that's why his caudal is funny.

Apple -

Apple.jpg

Best photo I had of her. :byebye:

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, I'm done now.