Photos of DT CT

Fletch

Best photos I could get. Only jarred a few hours ago and big difference in color and behavior. Did not realize the change would be so dramatic with the girls untill I saw Jarrods happen before our eyes.

All photos of male. Not sure if split is even. Sometimes looks good, sometimes not so good. Will have to wait unti he flares I think.

Female looks very even. Can't get photo yet as a bit shy.

fb7f4cff.jpg

01c28e2f.jpg

d78b0e5b.jpg

Edited by Busman

Yea, that's him. She still a bit washed out but we shall see what tomorrow brings. Think there might have been another male in with the females....... All jarred now so will wait and see. Thinking about moving young fry and setting up display tank. Bit early I know but............

These taken this morning. Female easy, male impossible. He puts on show at back of tank and minute I put camera down, he comes to the front. I truely believe he is messing with my head!!!!!!!

Female first

9a0ebebd.jpg

Male

9dc6573d.jpg

5a7d8e39.jpg

Funny that these guys are the slowest growing. More color but not much growth in past week. Normal ones booming.

Great photos. :photo:

Haha.. my male does that thing too. Hangs at the back, as soon as I put the camera down, comes to the front. I pick up the camera, wouldn't you know - he goes to the back.:dontknow:

Normal ones booming

I read this as "normal ones boring". I was like WHAT!?! WHAT!?!?! :headshake: Oppies. All good though. :whistling:

Yea, he has sprouted a little but his color is so much deeper now. His anal fin has a curl on a few of the extensions and his tail not really split even. But she has real good looking finnage. Is it true her finnage is more important when breeding? Sure I read that somewhere.

They don't seem to grow as quick as others. All brothers and sisters a lot bigger. Yours for example.

Must be a DT thing to grow slower. Does anyone reading this thread know about this? If so, there is 1 more person here who would love to know.

I have read that you should only breed if lobes are even. He'll still make a nice pet! :D

• 2 weeks later...