Peat moss

Not sure where is the most appropriate place for this post, but I'll try it here.

I'm considering giving breeding neon and cardinal tetras a shot. Possibly foolhardy, but I had some luck many years ago with neons & I'm always up for a challenge.

I've been reading that using peat moss as a substrate can be beneficial so thought I might try that, but wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to get some. Any ideas? I have a vague idea that you can get peat at plant nurseries, is that the same stuff?

Anyone with any advice it'd be much appreciated.

Adam

Most peat moss available has additives in it.... if you can get pure german peat or pure new zealand peat with no fertilizers in it then go for it... you will probably have to buy a bale or half bale of it to get the pure stuff (the peat in packets in hardware stores and nurseries tend to have additives)....

Ask a nursery if they can get some for you.... not sure whats in NSW....

Great! Thanks guys!! I'll check some of those options out. I googled Brunnings and the label looks the same as the one stocked at the local hardware store. There's also an orchid nursery that I found. Will see if any of those work out.

Thanks gang!!