Tank building article

Bettarazzi

I've been thinking about experimenting with making my own small tanks (smaller than 20 ltrs) and came across this article which I thought was quite informative http://www.austinglass.com.au/aquariums.html.

While we're on this topic, does anyone know where to get those plastic strips for the lids. I'm looking for the semi-clear kind like the ones that come with Aqua One tanks.

Good article Razzi.... pretty much how I go about building tanks....

Re the plastic strips.... maybe a hardware store that sells plastic mouldings to join / edge sheets of veneer/lami panel/etc ? I've checked a few places out here and found similar stuff suitable for 6mm glass but yet to find the exact profile used for resting lids on.....

The AL forum was talking about this not long ago. The guy said he got his from a tank builder, maybe try a tank builder.

I got sick of breaking tank lids so I went to one of those 'junk yard hoarders paradise places' and found some cheap perspex and got them to cut it to the size I want. Got strips cut to hold the lids. Cost me $5 a lid for 2ft tanks.