hanging betta containers?

volvodriver

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking at the hanging betta containers for the side of my comunity tank for one of my males.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-X-BETTA-CONTAINER-SIAMESE-FIGHTING-FISH-CONTAINERS-/380256746652?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item5889117c9c

But just wondering what everyone thinks about them? I would only put one of the dividers in it so it's about 8 litres in itself in a 130 litre tank.

What are the upsides and downsides of this? would he flare at the other fish in the tank at all?

Anyone's experience with these or similar containers would be great to hear about.

Cheers,

Paul.

I had one of these, was pretty good. I found though that with a CT the other fish would sometimes nip at his fins, the other thing was that some fish would swim behind it (between it and the tank) and get stuck.. I guess it depends on the type of fish you have, and if you have a flowing current or not?

these kinds sit against the glass perfectly so other fish cant get behind them, i found them too narrow so an adult can just barely turn arround not enough room imo, For raising fry they are handy to seperate some of the more agressive/bigger boys