So much water!

Bec

So, after much nagging I went downstairs and set up the cannister filter for the daughters new (second hand) goldfish tank.

I am new to cannister filters and this one did not come with instructions. I filled the chambers with appropriate media, primed it, started it up. All good, but a few drips coming from the part where the lid sits on the cannister. Hmmm I say, maybe I didn't get the rubber seal in right :confused:.

I turn off the unit and proceed to undo the cannister lid. OMG ... water floods out everywhere :o, and more and more and more :((. HELP, what is happening. Took me all of a minute to figure out the water was siphoning back down the hoses!

All I can say is "shhh, don't tell the kids, its in their games room and the carpet is going to smell bad for three days" :eadshake: (this is not the fist water disaster we have had in that room and no amount of carpet 'drying' stops the smell, the carpet is just too old)

Never mind, you learn something new every day ...

Bec

Edited by Bec

I can commiserate with you. My six monthly clean of my cannister filter inevitably leads to a flood each time i turn the filter back on - and we have an elevated house with jarrah timber floors. Not quite as bad as carpets but the plaster walls beside the tank seem to soak up the tank water very well.

OOPS!! Sorry to hear of your mishap Bec, it sure made me feel better tho :giggle: I've been known to do that from time to time (yes...I know I'm supposed to learn from my mistakes ppl) As for the funny smells in the games room, remind the rug rats that they need to head for the toilet sooner!! :lol:

Paul you are a funny :censor: you always make me laugh!