Is it possible to have a planted tank with

lyrical

Guys I'm wondering is it possible to have a planted tank with 2 oscars............l've got a CO2 set up ..not a super dooper one but enough for me .... I was reading a post(about the girls tank by Neffy) further down and l noticed michael suggest to put the air hose from the cannister for C02..into the valve at the top of an internal filter to be sucked into the flow and pushed out into the tank into the water flow ....l've got an eheim classic cannister filter but l've also got a fluval filter inside the tank as well which has one of those valve thingies (I believe michael called it a Venturi)at the top. Which l've ntoiced in the past if the airstone in the tank is near it sucks the bubbles in and spits them out the front.

Anyhow is it at all possibleto keep them with plants and if so what types.

Thanks in Advance

The only type of plants Ive been able to keep with big ugly cichlids are java moss and java fern(neither of which need CO2).Even with these my Jaguar cichlid would get grumpy and destroy the fern.Oscars arent quite as mean but do like to rearrange the tank to their liking so rooted plants are out.I cant think of too many large cichlids that live well with plants.Discus OK,Severums and festivums are OK,Uarus eat them.The smaller guys are fine Apistos,West Africans etc.

I think plastic may be the go(Then tell everyone they are real to justify the CO2)

I do like severums they are quite peaceful very attractive and didnt disturb the plants I had with them--only a suggestion

Yes, I think once Oscars get a bit larger, rocks are the only decorations that will survive. Or you could for a paludarium type thing where you have rocks below water level but then build it up and have semi-aquatic plants coming up above the water line where the oscars can't get at them.

• 2 weeks later...