beginner 3ft tank

louu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the good thing about the electric yellows is that they are bright yellow from birth.... no waiting for colours there... same for demasoni and mainganos..... prices are always a problem although I must admit I've spent more on a pair of Betta's than I would ever spend on a starter colony of Africans!

Whatever you do ... do what you want and when you want to..... and as Busman suggests..... if your tank is pleasing it's quite relaxing..... I spend way too much time watching fish and their fry.....

If you're a bit handy at all you might even think about making your own tank to save a few $ - hardest part is getting some glass at a reasonable price.... build your own stand and a hood and mount a normal batten fluoro light in it.... might offset the price of fish up there a bit....

Thanks fishbites! You have really helped me a lot :)

I am not a hundred percent on building a tank my dad is really annoyingly handy (constantly fixing things that should be dead, I want a new laptop!!!) I did actually find an extremely useful website on building tanks. I found it when someone mentioned bracing. So I could make a tank but I think I would feel safer spending a bit of time looking at second hand tanks and try to snag a gooden relatively cheaply that have been proffessionally made.

Anyway Christmas isn't the best time to be spending money on yet MORE tanks!

Priscilla is getting old and I think very soon I will find myself with out my fishy friend so I would like to set something small up in my bedroom to keep me company when I read at night :)