Possible Virus/spam warning

Chuckie

A few other forums I belong to have had a recent spam/virus attack via a PM claiming to have been sent by "the forum administrators", saying your computer has a virus and that you should click the link in the message .

This is spam. I am the only administrator of AAQ and have sent no such message.

If you receive such a message don't click the link, and delete the PM.

Please also inform me who sent you the PM, and their account will be deleted.

Thanks guys!

Lisa

This is the email I got from ANGFA, FYI:

Today I received a private message from a supposed ANGFA forum administrator "LadyXAdmin". This "person" is not an admin and the message provides a link to a website. Under NO corcumstances should you click on this link! I'm sure all sorts of nasties await the unwary. Please delete this message and only accept admin messages from actual admins, who are listed on the forum index page.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

Recent deleted new AAQ members include "Administration Team" and "ForumTeamSupports". There have also been others. Due to our spam control measures they should be unable to PM anybody, but if your email address is visible on the site, I can't help you.

Do NOT click on any links sent to you by an email from someone claiming to be AAQ Admin unless you check with me first.

How would I know your computer had a virus anyway?!?!?!

Lilli

I was caught into opening a link on an email supposedly from the administrator of a forum. Stupid me for opening an email link. At least it showed me that my Norton systems are actually working (not that I wanted a demostration).

I guess we all need to have anti-virus software on our machines and to ensure that the software is always kept up to date.