Comm. tank fish that are compatable with bettas

jax

Hello all, I just needed a little insight about my fishy kingdom. My 3ft community tank consists of: 11 Neon Tetras 1 BN catfish 2 Albino cories 2 Tiger Barbs 2 Bolivian Butterflys 1 Goldfish :whistling: Anyhow, i was wondering what other fish would be good as community fish with these. ALSO if female bettas and guppies are ok to go into this tank? thankyou all, jax

My 3ft community tank consists of:

11 Neon Tetras

1 BN catfish

2 Albino cories

2 Tiger Barbs

2 Bolivian Butterflys

1 Goldfish  :goodo:

I would move the Tiger Barbs if I were you. They limit what else you can keep there. They will nip fins and chase most fish. They are usually OK in a large school of 8+ but removing them from your community tank will make yours much more flexiable!

If you removed the the barbs guppies and female bettas should be alright IMHO. But always keep an eye on them initially as there are fish that love prooving one wrong :whistling:

koolies, i knew when i first got the barbs they would cause some problems. Its all good because i can give them to my cuz, are you positively sure if i get rid of them that the guppies and betta will get along with the other fish in the tank, i'm more concerned that the Neons will give them a hard time and i'm not sure how the butterflys will be with it. :whistling:

Ive been told 2 things about goldfish in tropical water, one, that they just grow faster, and 2, they are very succeptable to diseases. Not sure which is true, last i have had a goldfish in a tropical tank it ate all the plants so didnt last long enough to see what happens How is it going jax?

Thankyou for the help, The two tiger barbs are being adopted by my fellow cousin, whom just started keeping his own aquarium for his birthday a few months ago. As for Mr Goldie, he seems to be healthy as ever, his been in there since the start of the year, he doesnt eat the plants and ummm, i dont think his growing :dontknow: I've just added my females to the tank and they are all doing fine, but i'm still worried about the guppies, last time i had guppies in the tank they mysteriously dissapeared. Same for the platies :eadshake:

Archived