3 gallon nano attempt - emmersed

Yes generally in nature all the rocks will face the same way due to wind/water errosion.

I will try and do it using the golden ratio.

Bettarazzie- I found them near a path which leads down to the beach, I have no idea what they are, but they are non reactive.

Thanks again

Peter

think scape would have more impact if you thinned the substrate at the front, moving most of it towards the back, creating a mound on top of which the largest rock should lie - or create the illusion of. so instead of substrate sloping all the way to the back, when it hits the place where the largest rock is to be placed, have it flatten out.

move large rock more to the left back corner, bring the closest stone in a bit closer to the glass move the far right rock to the left a bit more.

also, what plants were you planning to you? HC, glosso, hair-grass, or UG?

I feel I may have taken a step backwards.

Im trying hard to understand what you mean holycow.

In this attempt i mounded the substrate so it would be leading up to the large rock.

Could the large rock be moved even further left?

PLants, glosso hairgrass, maybe hc in the future.

Plants might be arriving tomorrow, so i need to get this scape finished.

thanks for the help.

Peter

ps, just noticed in this one the large rock is pointing higher then the other, i think i mean lean it over a bit more.

100_1685.jpg

Edited by Peter16

you could, but the big rock looks good where it is now.

i'd try to bury the closest stone a bit more, by pushing it into the substrate. i know it's difficult as your trying to thin the amount of substrate at the front. maybe bring the stone on the right a bit closer to the glass, and move it a touch to the right and bury it a bit more. so, as you start from the front of the glass, you have the stones at different levels until you reach the mound, upon which the larger stone stands. suppose this layering effect creates the illusion that the other two stones are supplicants and paying homage to the greater stone... or something like that.

the stone on the far right looks as if it's been towered over, whereas the closest stone looks as if it's prostrate on the ground, being ignored, in the 'shadow' of the mountain! heh

anyway, stone placement isn't necessarily meant to be easy. just creating a narrative, which other people might not necessarily endorse or see. it's more difficult to move those stones around when there's water in there with plants!

should be good when it's finished

Edited by holycow

• 2 weeks later...