Community Tank

bewarebrunette

HI guys, this is our community tank.

We have angels, two lace gourami's, 2 honey dwarf gourami's, 2 sunset gourami's, 2 dwarf gourami's (bright blue ones -male and female), some phantom glassfish, clown loaches, peppermint, I common and one other type of bristlenose, bovilian butterfly's, female fighters.. I think that's it. They all get on really well.

Need to change the water tomorrow. The driftwood is making it that colour.

Sorry about the shocking piccies!

CIMG0289.jpg

CIMG0291.jpg

CIMG0292.jpg

CIMG0295.jpg

CIMG0296.jpg

wow .... all those gouramis living in harmony ...oh how i wish ....

i have a 4 foot community tank with 4 gouramis who do nothing but goad and and chase each other luckily without any injuries.

When they finish annoying the daylights out of each other they try it on the convict cichlids and other occupants then when no one wants to play any more they do mock attacks on themselves with their reflections in the glass...way too much fishtosterone for one tank lol

The gouramis will give your girls hell after a while. I had 3 pearl lace gouramis in a 3ft tank with my girls for a whole year until they became nasty. I had to set up a whole new tank for the girls as the gourami chased them so much they were stressed out ALL the time.

I think probably because the tank is so choc-a-bloc, there are enough distractions for the gouramis not to start targetting other fish.

If you are hoping to breed the blue dwarf gouramis, are you certain you have both sexes? Fish shops tend to sell only males.

Archived